JOB OPPORTUNITY | Systems Specialist
Do you enjoy being in the middle of it all and making a real and tangible difference every day as part of an implementations team? If so you may be a great fit for our Systems Specialist position!
We are seeking an energetic, organized and tech savvy individual for a Systems Specialist role within our organization. You will own the staging and implementation of assigned customer hardware and related system software projects including the project management of assignments. If you have had prior successes in such a role then you should consider submitting your resume for our Systems Specialist position.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Plan and manage the effective implementation of hardware and related systems software at the customer's site.
- Lead and conduct meetings related to installations. Manage project communication with Cott staff and our customers.
- Manage all phases of the Systems Build. Ensure the customer’s site infrastructure is sufficient to support all hardware and software for an implementation. Set-up and test hardware components associated with implementations ensuring solution meets customer expectations, is properly staged, operates correctly and is compatible with existing/remaining hardware and software components.
- Resolve any issues in a timely manner; identify urgent customer situations and ensure proper escalation process. • Serve as the on-site solution specialist. Oversee the delivery and installation of all equipment to the customer’s site and as applicable, train customers on use of installed hardware components.
- Stay up to date on technology and the company’s software applications. Maintain an expert-level understanding of our hardware and third-party solutions interaction with our software solutions. Continually update your Cott product knowledge and training skills so you can deliver outstanding services to our customers.
Assist sales and pricing team regarding the selection and purchase of customer hardware.
- Coordinate with the sales team to align solution design with customers’ business requirements. Assess customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommend solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the company.
- Respond to infrastructure needs for RFP responses. Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements. Evaluate customer’s current hardware to determine what needs to be quoted; Quote hardware builds for custom installs. Provide demo support as necessary.
- Support proposal response and pricing efforts by maintaining standard customer infrastructure build specification sheets, minimum hardware requirement specification sheets and identifying hardware replacement items for end of life hardware and systems.
Perform Software updates, Software Service Installations and Upgrades
- Perform software upgrades on a weekly or as-needed basis.
- Install software related services.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Associate’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in implementing technology hardware and systems.
- Active Directory and DNS knowledge with experience working within complex technical environments preferred. SQL database experience (installation and configuration), including experience with Enterprise Manager, and Query Analyzer preferred.
- A working knowledge of desktop and server operating systems including Windows 7, Windows 10, and Server 2008 through Server 2012 R2, as well as virtualization software (Hyper-V, ESXi, and Citrix). Familiarity with infrastructure devices including but not limited to printers, scanners, and switches.
- Experience with disaster recovery methodologies including hardware and software RAID, enterprise level archive solutions, Backup Exec 2010 through latest version. A working knowledge of IIS 6 – IIS 10 including configuration and security of web servers.
- Excellent Project Management Skills. Strong organizational skills. Strong attention to detail and follow-through. Capable of organizing, scheduling and planning all projects dates in conjunction with travel and estimated hardware/software ship dates. The ability to follow and adhere to company protocols.
- Ability to multi-task and set own priorities. The ability to multi-task, comprehend and be responsive to customer needs while working independently with minimal supervision and under tight deadlines.
- Superior customer relations skills. Ability to work well under stress and remain calm while dealing with frustrated customers. Ability to work well with individuals with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time; excellent work history and attendance record. Cott Systems is an established, well-respected software and services company that provides solutions to local county governments within the United States.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (16 days the first year plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with a sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, and great opportunities to grow your skills and develop yourself!
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format, referencing SYSTEMS SPECIALIST in the subject line of your email.
This position requires the ability to work at our Columbus, Ohio headquarters.
We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
Direct hire, full-time opportunity.
No contractors or third parties, please.
COTT SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER