JOB OPPORTUNITY | Software Developer
We’re in search of a creative, enthusiastic, and hands-on individual to join our team in a Software/Web Developer role. This role will work closely with internal stakeholders, including our Product Management and Software Development teams, to design, develop and implement software solutions that align with our business goals and technology strategy including functional and non-functional requirements for new or existing software applications. If you are a top Developer looking for an exciting new opportunity where your efforts will be appreciated and appropriately compensated, please read on.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
In this position, you will have a key role within our Development team. You’ll be primarily responsible for developing new code and maintaining existing code for our web application within an Agile development environment. You will:
- Perform coding including development and maintenance on multiple applications and services
- Participate in cross-functional code walk throughs and reviews
- Detect, investigate, and fix defects
- Assist Quality Assurance during testing cycles
- Review and improve on existing applications and systems, making use of new technologies and methodologies to seek continual improvement
You are passionate about building high quality and clean code. You can grasp complex problems, provide recommendations and deliver results. You are the type of person which every team wishes they had. You have:
- Design experience and technical knowledge with proven success as Developer
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Exemplary general IT knowledge (applications development, testing, deployment, operations, documentation, standards, best practices, security, hardware, networking, OS, DBMS, middleware, etc.)
- Experience in agile methodologies, software development, coding and technologies such as:
- HTML, CSS
- .NET Framework
- NET, ASP.NET MVC and Razor Syntax
- Entity Framework , ADO.NET (or similar ORM tooling), LINQ
- Angular, Knockout.js, TypeScript
- Experience developing or consuming SOAP and/or RESTful web services
- UML and technical design modeling o Multi-tier application design and development; Multi-threaded design and development
- Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services
- MS Unit Test Framework
- Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- DevOps and Release Management
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Business process knowledge – Ability to understand strategic views of the business and how technology will be used to attain that vision
- Excellent teamwork skills, the proven ability to influence cross functions without formal authority, and strong written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills
- Must have initiative, self-motivation, and ability to prioritize projects, and the ability to use good judgment in decisions affecting application administration
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (16 days the first year plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with a sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, and great opportunities to grow your skills and develop yourself!
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format, referencing SOFTWARE DEVELOPER in the subject line of your email.
This position requires the ability to work at our Columbus, Ohio headquarters.
We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
Direct hire, full-time opportunity.
No contractors or third parties, please.
COTT SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER