JOB OPPORTUNITY | Software Developer
Cott Systems, a leader in technology solutions and services for recording, imaging, and searching land and court records, is seeking a Junior Developer that is a team player, who enjoys technical challenges, applies sound judgment in successful task planning and execution, meets deadlines, and who has the ability and interest to learn new skills and develop their software design knowledge.
You have 2 – 4 years of development under your belt. You are looking for career growth opportunities. You are ready to take on more responsibility and learn more about software design under the direction of a senior development team. If you have skills in .Net, the interest in professional growth and in joining a leading Software and Services company, it is time to consider joining the Cott team.
You will be part of a development team that is developing high-quality code to serve our customers across a variety of products. You will spend a majority of your time in hands-on, task-oriented, technical implementation of application development, with new feature development and maintenance of existing applications. You will work in a close-knit team-based environment that promotes quality, personal development, and work-life balance.Some of the Skills & Experience needed to be successful in the Junior Developer role include:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with .NET using VB.Net or C# is a must
- Outstanding software development skills
- Visual Studio 2013
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Team Foundation Server
- Testing / debugging
The ability and interest to learn is one of our most desired attributes in a candidate. If you can demonstrate an aptitude to dig in up to your elbows and build experience in new technologies as you deliver projects utilizing those technologies successfully, your application will move to the top of the pile.
Additional desired attributes are:
- Possess good written and verbal communication, including with non-technical people
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - Enjoy solving problems and getting to the root cause
- Be self-motivated and be able to rapidly learn new technologies with little guidance
- Enjoy being part of a team
Here’s a list of some of the technologies we work with on a regular basis:
- Application Frameworks - .NET
- Project Management Methodologies – Agile, Waterfall
- Web Development - Server – ASP.NET, IIS
- Web Development - Client – HTML, CSS, jQuery
- Database Development – SQL Server
- Version Control – Team Foundation Server
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (16 days the first year plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with a sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, and great opportunities to grow your skills and develop yourself!
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format, referencing SOFTWARE DEVELOPER in the subject line of your email.
This position requires the ability to work at our Columbus, Ohio headquarters.
We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
Direct hire, full-time opportunity.
No contractors or third parties, please.
COTT SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER