JOB OPPORTUNITY | Account Executive - New England
We have an outside sales opportunity for the right individual who has previous experience selling software solutions, and who is a highly motivated, confident, and hard-working sales professional living within the states of Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, or Vermont. To be successful, you will need to be an individual who knows how to separate themselves, their company, and their technology from the competition. Is this the right opportunity for you?
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Account management and territory management will be your responsibility. You will be creating, pursuing, and closing sales opportunities with government officials and act as the conduit between the company and your territory. You will:
- Be responsible for sales activities within assigned territory including prospecting, developing relationships, creating/pursuing/closing sales to new accounts as well as increasing revenue with existing customers through cross-sales.
- Work with marketing, sales support, and management to establish a marketing communication plan for the assigned territory to promote the company’s products and services.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner. Prepare sales and marketing proposals for customers on products and services. Actively participate in the coordination and facilitation of trade shows, user group meetings, and industry conventions.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of industry trends, technical developments, and government regulations that affect the target market. Establish and maintain industry contacts to cultivate sales opportunities.
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning. Research, develop, and maintain long and short range sales goals within assigned region. Produce regular sales planning and forecasting plans. Monitor, analyze, and communicate sales data, via management software, to contribute to the product/service planning. Maintain accurate records in the sales CRM regarding activity, pipeline development, and forecasting.
- Provide problem resolution, client satisfaction, and sales follow-up.
You are passionate about sales and providing best in class solutions to your customer base. You love new technology. You expect to win every opportunity because you do the work required to win every opportunity. You deliver results. You have:
- Proven success in prospecting, relationship building, and selling technical solutions and systems
- Broad knowledge and demonstrated experience in solutions selling with a consultancy value added approach to specific industry and customer needs
- The ability to be creative in identifying and developing relationships with customers and potential customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally with customers and company staff; The ability to be proficient in Company’s products and services, and communicate value to current and potential customers
- Strong track record of achieving results; Excellent work ethic and sales abilities
- Ability to formulate sales and marketing plans for designated territory, region or specific client needs
- Five plus years of software/technology sales experience with a background in government sales preferred
- Sales experience with ECM (enterprise content management)/document management systems; case management systems and land records systems experience a plus
- Commitment to excellence, integrity, accountability, and professionalism
- The ability to travel approximately 75% on overnight stays
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Competitive compensation package including base salary, and the ability to earn monthly commissions and quarterly bonuses
- Paid time off (15 days first year plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, flexible work arrangements and great opportunities to grow your skills and develop yourself!
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format, referencing ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - CT, MA, NH, RI, VT in the subject line of your email.
We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
Direct hire, full-time opportunity.
No contractors or third parties, please.
COTT SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER