PRESERVE & PRESENT HISTORICAL RECORDS ONLINE
Online Index Books (OIB) combines digital images of the index books and related record books and our unique retrieval software to mimic your hardcopy indexing systems. Our professional staff understand the search logic utilized by your manual index systems and will work with you to create a system that fits your needs.
OIB allows users to search manual index books and their associated documents online. Users can search a name, be placed on the first page of the index book where that name resides, then electronically “page” through the appropriate section of the index. Once an entry is located, the user simply enters the book and page of the document to retrieve its image. Customize for your office OIB eliminates manual searching, saving wear and tear on your valuable historical records.
significantly less than the cost of reindexing
Eliminates the manual entry and data corrections of reindexing
Works with any records management software
- Custom built alphabetical breakdowns to match your manual system
- Support of multiple index series with different index methods
- Support for commonly used names, often known as “setout names”
- Easy navigation of images through “thumbnails”
- Image viewer that supports magnify, pan, flip, rotate, and print
- Navigation buttons for viewing next and previous page or a specific page number
- Redacted image viewing for “public” searchers and unredacted image viewing for staff
Cott Systems has been working with Chenango County since 2000 to manage their land documents with systems that increase revenue for their county, improve office efficiencies, and preserve official documents.