Job Opportunity | Sr. Accountant
Cott Systems, Inc. is a technology leader in recording, imaging, and searching county land and court records. Our clients are local government offices in 20 states and we are passionate about providing best in class software solutions.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated self-starter who enjoys working independently while being part of a great team for a Senior Accountant role. The Senior Accountant will handle a wide variety of accounting work including general ledger activity, sales and use tax accounting, cash accounting, financial reporting, and analysis.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Lead monthly close process, including journal entries and account reconciliations
- Develop and maintain key financial reports and associated financial analysis
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of activity recorded in the general ledger and routine reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Prepare and file sales and use tax returns
- Administer the company credit card program including processing of expense reports
- Key player in year-end process, reconciliations and documentation for use by external auditors
- Assist with yearly budget completion and periodic budget revisions
- Contribute to process design, improving the effectiveness or efficiency of existing procedures and works on special projects as they arise
- Complete special projects and additional duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- General ledger accounting experience including preparation of monthly financial statements
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks assigned, while ensuring accuracy of work and completion within designated deadlines
- Must work well independently, exhibit good decision making skills and be a strong contributor to the accomplishment of department goals/priorities
- Innovative thinker open to change in order to improve processes, strengthen controls, gain efficiencies, etc.
- Customer oriented focus in communications with internal and external customers
- Operate as a team player
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of financial and personnel information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products and experience with financial accounting systems
- Exceptional work history and attendance record required
Our team members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid time off (15 days first year plus 8 holidays)
- 401K retirement plan with match
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans including an HRA medical plan option with sizable yearly contribution by Cott
- Basic life & ADD insurance, and short and long-term disability at no cost
Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, flexible work arrangements and great opportunities to grow your skills and develop yourself!
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format, referencing SENIOR ACCOUNTANT in the subject line of your email.
This position requires the ability to work at our Columbus, Ohio headquarters.
We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
Direct hire, full-time opportunity.
No contractors or third parties, please.
COTT SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER